Empowering Female Tech Entrepreneurship
Partner: French Embassy
About the project
A joint project with the French Embassy in Namibia, FemTech was created to support and develop innovative Namibian female tech entrepreneurs. The project responds to three key focus areas supported by the French and Namibian governments, including;
- entrepreneurship and supporting small and medium enterprises,
- supporting gender equality and females in business and
- supporting innovation and technology as a key contributor to economic development.
The aim of the project is to mentor, train and support three innovative Namibian female tech entrepreneurs while connecting them to the French innovation ecosystem. With close to 100 applications received, we carefully selected 5 founders who were invited to take part in a pitch competition, which formed part of the final selection phase for the programme participants.
At the end of an exciting pitch evening, the jury chose 3 winners:
Jana Marie Backhaus-Tors – Exploradio, Zaapi Mungendje – I Need a Quote Namibia and Tanyaradzwa Daringo – Save Me Namibia.
The winners are receiving coaching in an incubation programme, which consist of the following aspects:
- Extensive business development, incubation and mentorship support to help grow their businesses
- The opportunity to attend one international event
- Connecting to the French innovation community and peer-to-peer learning